The picturesque province of Quebec in Canada is a spectacular treasure trove of natural beauty, human history, architectural wonders, and works of art. This province has a lot to offer travelers, from the vibrant streets of Quebec City to the magnificent scenery of the Laurentians, and everything in between.
There is something for everyone to enjoy in Quebec, whether they are interested in history, food, the great outdoors, or even simply a bit of charm with a French influence. In this blog, you will gain knowledge about the most popular things to do in Quebec, which will further allow you to make the most of your time spent in this enchanting province.
What are the must-see attractions in things to do in Quebec ?
1. Half-day trip to Montmorency Falls and Ste-Anne-de-Beaupré from Quebec City
- Day trip to Quebec City incorporates touring and lunch. It is one of the best things to do in Quebec.
- Partake in the staggering magnificence of your natural surroundings.
- Visit Montmorency Falls if you want to see a sight that can rival, if not surpass, Niagara Falls.
- Go to Quebec to visit the holy spot of Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré.
- Visits are accessible in the mornings and evenings.
- There are various fascinating stops en route.
- Find out about the locale’s history and appreciate its natural beauty.
2. Guided Tour of the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Quebec City
- Take part in a 1-hour directed visit through Château Frontenac.
- Experience the history and remarkable people associated with Château.
- Plunge into the significant verifiable occasions that have characterized this milestone.
- Get to know the upgrades and establishments of historic buildings.
- Uncover the persevering tradition of this iconic site which is one of the top things to do in Quebec.
3. Old Quebec City Food & Drink Tour / Day Experience
- Explore Quebec City’s most established and European-enlivened neighborhood.
- Taste various dishes, from traditional to contemporary.
- Submerge yourself in Québécois culture through its culinary pleasures.
- Adult+ Alcohol tickets with wine and nearby gin pairings.
- As a part of the top things to do in Quebec, embark on an extraordinary culinary excursion.
What are 5 things Quebec is known for?
These five things make Quebec famous:
1. Old Quebec City
Old Quebec City, the oldest city north of Mexico, was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1985. Many historic buildings, such as the Citadelle of Quebec, Notre-Dame-de-Québec church, and Château Frontenac hotel, have been carefully preserved in the fortified city.
2. A mix of French and Canadian culture
Quebec’s culture reflects French and Canadian influences. Quebec is famous for its French-Canadian culture, including:
- Poutine, tourtière, and cretons are delicious.
- Traditional folk music coexists with Quebec hip-hop.
- Only Montreal’s Jazz Festival and Quebec’s Winter Carnival are examples.
- Its distinctive French dialect.
3. Winter activities
Quebec’s cold winters are perfect for ice skating, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and skiing. Quebec has various winter festivals and events, including the Carnaval de Québec and the Quebec City Winter Festival.
Mountains, forests, lakes, and rivers make Quebec gorgeous. Quebec’s top natural sites include:
Laurentian mountain summits in Gaspé Peninsula, Charlevoix, and neighboring areas, including Orleans Island, Saguenay, Lac, and Saint-Jean.
Craft beer is thriving in Quebec, with over 300 brewers. Local ingredients like blueberries and maple syrup give Quebecois beers unique tastes.
What are the best festivals to attend in Quebec?
Quebec hosts some of the most popular festivals in Canada, including:
-The Celebration d’été de Québec (FEQ) is an annual event that takes place in Quebec City during July. The festival features both local and international musicians, and some of the past headliners include The Executioners, Envision Mythical Beasts, and Katy Perry.
-The Montreal Jazz Celebration is the largest jazz festival in the world, attracting about 3,000 performers from 30 different countries. It takes place in July.
-The Carnaval de Québec, the longest-running and largest winter festival in North America, occurs in Quebec City during February. Visitors can enjoy snowshoeing, ice skating, and snow sculptures.
-Igloofest is an annual winter electronic music festival that takes place on an ice scene in Montreal.
-The Francofolies de Montréal festival is held every summer and features a diverse lineup of French-speaking performers from around the world.
-The Celebration International de Legends de Quebec is an annual event that showcases music and dance from around the world. It takes place in Quebec City in July.
-The Celebration de la Chanson de Saint Ambroise is an event that features both emerging and established singer-songwriters from France. It is held in Saint Ambroise, Quebec every summer.
-The Saint Tite Western Festival and the Saint Ambroise Chanson Celebration both celebrate the culture of the Canadian West. They are held in Saint Tite and Saint Ambroise, Quebec respectively, each summer.
-The Wendake International Pow Wow is an annual event held in June that celebrates the culture of Quebec’s First Nations. It takes place in Wendake, Quebec.
The complex tapestry of experiences in Quebec reflects the province’s distinctive blend of French and Canadian influences, creating a unique combination. There is something for every type of traveler to do in Quebec, from exploring the winding alleyways of Old Quebec to indulging in some mouthwatering poutine and experiencing the exhilaration of winter sports.
When planning your trip, consider the province of Quebec’s illustrious past, thriving culture, and magnificent landscapes. It only takes a little bit of planning and an adventurous spirit to have some very remarkable adventures in this breathtaking part of the world.
Thus, if you are planning an itinerary to Canada and looking for great things to do in Quebec, you must check out the tours and day trips offered by Expedia. These trips are very cost-effective as they are available at affordable price ranges.
For more such travel-related blogs, visit our website, Tripreviewhub.